Code of Conduct
Rise and Lead Summit aims to be an event where everyone, including attendees, volunteers, event staff, venue staff, media, and speakers can feel as safe as possible. To create a safer space, there are several things you can do to help:
- Read this policy
- Support others. If you see someone who looks like they need help ask them or engage a volunteer
- Remember that we are an international and diverse group of individuals with different lived experiences, so understanding, tolerance and humour can allay cross-cultural misunderstandings
Rise and Lead Summit is dedicated to providing a positive experience for all, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual identity or sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, physical ability or appearance, race, age, or religion (this list is not exhaustive).
- Be respectful, mindful and considerate of other participants’ beliefs, space and conference experience at all times
- Be collaborative with other participants without infringing on their learning experience
- Observe the rules and regulations of the venue
- Abstain from and reject the discriminatory, offensive and harassing language, behavior and paraphernalia
- Be alert and protective of fellow participants
We do not tolerate:
- Unwelcome physical contact
- Indirectly or directly using offensive language targeting other participants
- Carrying and displaying offensive paraphernalia or images, including on clothing
- Threatening, stalking and intimidation of people in and around the conference
- Comments intending to belittle or cause discomfort
- Disruption of talks or workshops
- Physically harming or threatening to harm people in and around the conference
Should you witness or experience any behaviour that you think breaches the Code of Conduct, as well as any other unacceptable acts that may not have been included, please do the following:
- If you feel it is safe to do so, ask the person to stop what they are doing or make them aware their behaviour is unacceptable. If they do not correct their behaviour, please report the unacceptable behaviour to any of the senior summit’s organisers. These will be visible at the event.
- If you do not feel safe, leave the situation as quickly as possible. Please reach out to any of the senior summit’s organisers. These will be visible at the event.
- If the behaviour has resulted in an emergency, please seek emergency help as soon as possible from the local authorities, venue, or others as appropriate.
- Rise and Lead Summit’s staff, volunteers and organisers will assist should behaviour violate the rules and regulations of the venue or local laws.
All attendees, volunteers, sponsors, staff, media, speakers, and organisers are subject to the Code of Conduct, and if a report is made against them, this will be reviewed by the senior organising team on-site.
The Rise and Lead Summit team has the right to take any actions needed to keep our event a welcoming and productive learning environment. Measures taken may include warning the offender, mediating solutions between parties, or taking any other action the team considers necessary, up to and including expulsion from the conference with no refund.
Our primary goal is to encourage and build a community of leaders in a positive environment where diverse people can learn from each other.
If you have further questions about this policy, please contact us email@example.com.